Saturday, March 14, 2009

Help Color Theory

Could not have said ti better myself, so here is an email I got this morning. I second Bobby 100%

Hi everyone ...

As you all may or may not know, one of my passions is producing and promoting modern synthpop and electronic music, most of it inspired by 80's bands like Erasure, Depeche Mode, Human League, and Pet Shop Boys.

One of my longtime friends in the underground electronic scene for many years is Brian Hazard, who goes under the stage name of Color Theory. I have been listening to his music since 2001, and his style is modern electronic mixed with piano ballads. Anyway, quite recently, he entered a song of his, "If it's my time to go", into the John Lennon Songwriting Contest, and placed first in the electronic category.

While this is quite an accomplishment (the JLSC is a very prestigious award) the next round of judging begins this Thursday, where Brian's song will go up against someone else. The judging is based on internet votes, and whoever wins this contest will get a 1,000 CD package and a 1 in 12 chance for $20,000 cash!

If you'd like to help out (and for me, it'd be much appreciated) please go to http://colortheory.com/help and have a listen to this song ... the voting will begin this Thursday, and runs from March 19 to April 27. You are allowed to vote once on each of these days.

I hope nobody minds me posting this here, but Brian is a really good friend of mine who has been struggling to catch a break with his music, and this just might be the big one for him! Plus, his music is really good too.

Thanks a bunch ...

Bobby

No comments:

Free Hit Counter